Andrew & Christy employ a unique group approach to Christian marriage counseling through a narrative-based, experiential, psychodynamic approach to healing marriage wounds. You will learn how to understand yourself and your partner in a much deeper way, fight cleanly, and understand your own shame and self-contempt, which can cloud your ability to connect. You will learn to face yourself first so that you can clearly engage your partner.
Workshops are open to 4 couples per group so that adequate attention may be given to each couple’s issues.
Each couple will go through a screening process to ensure that they are a good fit for the Marriage Workshop Weekend.
Who is the Marriage Workshop for?
- Couples who want to enhance their connection and deepen levels of intimacy
- Couples attempting to recover from betrayal (pornography use, affairs, secrets, infidelity)
- Couples who are desperate for help and clarity
- Couples who have done extensive therapy
- Couples who are struggling with their marriage
- Couples who are currently separated or contemplating separation
- Couples who fight often and don’t know how to communicate
- Couples who struggle sexually
What will a Marriage Workshop Weekend look like?
Schedules adjust depending on where the Workshop is being held. Here is an outline of what a weekend could look like. Weekend Workshops can vary depending on the couple’s specific needs.
Friday Evening: 6pm-8:15pm – Group Intro (Andrew & Christy Share, Body Work and Intimacy Exercise)
Saturday Morning: 8am-8:45am- Couples Session #1
Saturday Morning: 9am-11:15am- Group Work
Saturday Afternoon: 12:30pm-1:15pm- Couples Session #2
Saturday Afternoon: 1:30pm- 2:15pm- Couples Session #3
Saturday Afternoon: 3:00pm-5:15pm- Group Work
Sunday Morning: 8:00-8:45am- Couples Session #4
Sunday Morning: 9:00am-11:15am- Male & Female Breakout Group
Sunday Afternoon: 1:00pm-3:15pm- Final Group Session
$1200-1800 per couple, depending on location